Confirmation is a two year program which covers the teachings of our Faith which prepares the student to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation and live a productive Catholic life. The “YouCat” is used as the text for both years. During the first year, Parts I and II (Overview of the Creed and Sacraments) are covered. In the second year, Part III (Overview Morality), a review of the Sacrament of Initiation, the Corporal & Spiritual Works of Mercy and the Beatitudes are covered.
Requirements for Confirmation are:
- 20 hours of service each year
- Mass Attendance
- The Sacrament Of Reconciliation during Advent and Lent.
- Retreat (second year)
- Essay on “Why they want to be Confirmed” which is sent to the Bishop. (second year)
- Report on Saint selected which includes a short history of the saint and why you chose that particular saint. (second year)
- Interview with Father. (second year)
During the second year, the student will be ask to select a sponsor. Requirements for being a sponsor are:
- Must be Confirmed
- Must be in good standing with the Church
- Must be a communicant of a parish
- Can not be the parents of the candidate.